Today I had class in the morning, came home for siesta, and then had class again from 4:30-6. On Tuesday and Thursday the time for night classes switches so you’re not there late both nights. After class let out, and I went back home to get ready, Kelly and I met a group back at school around 8 to go get dinner. Our program paid for all of us to go to a flamenco show and since dinner is at 9:30, we would miss it. About 20 of us went to a place called cafĂ© europa which is known for its tapas. The first tapa was a baked potato with vegetables and sour cream on top. Karrah and I were still hungry, so we ordered a bocadillo but the rest of the group got another drink and another tapa which was almost like a hamburger (I tried a bit and thought it tasted like McDonalds haha)
After dinner we walked to a plaza by the Alhambra to meet everyone else. Miguel was there waiting for us to ascend (in Kelly’s words) the mountain and go into Sacramonte once again. The ENTIRE way there is completely uphill (these are the people I talked about before that live in caves built into the mountains). The show started late, about 11, but was really good. There were 3 dancers and small band with a singer. It was unbelievable how fast they were able to move their feet to dance to the rhythm of the music, definitely a cool experience. The music also had a different beat to it which was interesting to listen to. The show lasted about an hour and thank goodness the walk was all downhill on the way back because we were exhausted!
We walked around Granada for a little longer looking for “un heladeria” or ice cream shop… but they were all closed since it was so late. I was so exhausted from my first week in Granada that I passed out right when I got home.
Side note: about my internet situation… I guess I DO have internet at my house, but my senora doesn’t know how to use it so I have to ask the nephew. Funny story – he’s rude and doesn’t talk to me EVER. I’ll walk in the door and he looks at me and looks away. My senora says I have to catch him when he’s out of his room to talk to him about it so this should be interesting. The only thing is I don’t think we have wifi, only a box that is hooked up to his room aka I am NOT using that haha I’ll keep you guys updated because I’m dying to skype!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a comment!