Soo I'm gonna go ahead and chalk this day up as one of the worst days ever! Ya know those days when one thing goes wrong and then its all down-hill from there? Yupp, that was me in a nutshell. Won't go into detail, except for my trip to the doctor's office.. uh oh.
Well it all started when I woke up this morning and my left eyelid was practically triple its size. Not even trying to put my contacts in, I wore my glasses to class and found our program director, Miguel Angel, to tell him what was the matter. At this point I'm crying (yes, crybaby Danielle) since nothing had been going right and he probably thought I was a crazy person half speaking in English and the other half Spanish. One look at my eye and he said we needed to go to the doctor. Whenever anyone in the program needs to go to the doctor, either Miguel Angel or his wife, Nerea, take us (thank goodness!) so we make sure we understand everything completely since the doctors typically only speak Spanish. The doctor was very nice and it took her about 2 seconds to look at my eye to know what was the matter - I have an infected sty that turned into the beginning stages of pink eye (sorry for the gory details). Needless to say I look FABULOUS, can't wear my contacts for a week and have to put 3948 drops in my eyes a day... oh yeah and I'm leaving for DUBLIN tomorrow! What luck huh?
It's really not that bad.. minus the fact that I have to bring documentation to the airport so they'll let me through with all my new drugs. Also, the doctor prescribed me a lotion that goes inside my eye - has anyone ever heard of that or is that a weird Spain thing?
Does the "lotion" look like Neosporin? We had to put that in Joe's eyes. Get new mascara too because it could be carrying the guk from your infection. And don't worry about weird Spanish drugs. In Greece, I got some crazy rash ALL over my body and the pharmastics made a paste for me. It worked. And didn't kill me. Just go with it. Hope it gets better soon! XOXO
ReplyDeleteThat sucks! I hope you get better soon, and can enjoy your next trip. You missed out last night on a fun Hawks game. Your brother was able to get me free parking (I swear your family knows everyone). I was nervous when I first read this post and thought that thing that you put in your ear got you sick... thank god that didn't happend
ReplyDeletebob