School started today.. AH! After breakfast (this time I got boiling milk with cocoa powder to make hot chocolate – upgrade) I went to the bridge to meet Kelly to walk to school, Cegri. We all had to arrive around 8:40 to write down our schedules and see when we had class. Of course I had the first class of the day at 9 am, good thing Kelly was in my class as well. The class is cultures of Spain and my teacher is named Yanira. She’s a younger girl and seems to be really nice. We’re going to learn a lot about the history of Spain so that will help when I tour other cities and even Granada. Another cool thing about Cegri is the classes are only 15 students big, something I thought would be weird but I actually like. It’s a good way to get to know people better.
Classes here are an hour and a half with 30 minute breaks in between. After my 9:00 class, I had the 30 minute break annnnnd didn’t have class until 1, so I decided to sit in the computer lab at school and go on the internet. At 1:00 I had class with a teacher called Elsa (my favorite, she’s soo great) for oral Spanish to better our speaking. I had a lot of friends in that class as well so it should be fun.
At 2:30 I went home for lunch and a nap. A little later our group met up again to go to Hannigans and start planning our trips. By the end of this semester those guys are gonna know us by name. It was stressful to try and plan everything at once, so we got a few ideas in our head and are gonna continue to research. I went home to shower, ate dinner and got ready to go out. I met Kelly by the bridge again and we met up with a big group of people. We bought alcohol (surprisingly they’re known for their beer called Alhambra, after the famous landmark I visited yesterday) and drank in a plaza. While we were drinking we got invited to a bar for buy 1 get 1 free drinks. I don’t even know the name of the bar, but they specialized in mint mojitos, definitely not my favorite. We got a few and then these Italian guys bought us a round of shots since we were “American girls”… I swear I must have a stamp on my forehead that screams I’m American because people gawk at us EVERYWHERE. It’s like we’re famous or something… we conned the bartender into playing some American music too, which of course everyone loved.
We ended up back at Hannigan’s (typical) with the whole group we started out with. Since Kelly and I had class at 9 am the next morning (soo lucky with our schedules, NOT) we decided to call it an early night. And by early I mean we didn’t get home until probably around 3… they know how to rage here and that was a weeknight! This weekend should be interesting…
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a comment!