Wednesday, January 19, 2011

January 18

Day 2 of school.  Running on almost no sleep and still jet lagged… when in Spain!

My class at 9 am was advanced grammar with Julia.  Julia scares me, she’s so intimidating and awkward haha so I decided I’m definitely dropping that class. On Tuesday and Thursday I’ll able to sleep in until at least 10 and not be at Cegri until 11… score.

Immediately after I had a class with Isla again called cultures of Islam.  Islams had a great influence in the history of Andalucia, where Granada is located, so I figured it would be a cool class to take as well.  I got home from school around 1, passed out, and woke up around 2:30 for lunch.

Right after lunch we met up again at Cegri to do more research and plan our trips.  It looks like we’re going to hang around Granada this weekend, hit Madrid for a few nights the following weekend followed by Prague and then London and Paris for our big 10 day break.  Now it’s just actually booking all these planes, trains, buses, hotels, and museum passes… UGH.  It’ll be worth it in the end.

I had class then from 6:30-8 with Nerea, Miguel Angel’s wife.  She’s super nice and was with us a lot during orientation so we’ve gotten to know her really well.  It is a linguistics class that I have with Caroline and a bunch of my other friends.  We were laughing the whole time so it should be really easy going, definitely better than Julia!

When I got home I read for a little bit (my senora is obsessed with my NOOK, she likes to read too and thought it was so cool that all my books were in one place), had dinner (pretty much an omelette.. potatoes with eggs and onions in a tortilla-like thing… so good!) and decided to head to bed early to try and catch up on sleep.  Tomorrow is Kelly’s 21st birthday and although it doesn’t matter in Spain since there is pretty much no drinking age, we’re still going to celebrate!  Good thing I dropped that 9 am…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!