Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Week 2! - January 24,25

Monday was pretty low key.  Caroline and I booked a weekend trip to Sevilla for the first weekend in February… it’s a town about 3 hours away from Granada still in Spain.  Also, we booked Dublin, Ireland for the first weekend in March.  A bunch of people from U of I (that are studying all around Europe) are planning to visit that same time so we can celebrate Unofficial the right way since we’ll be missing it in back in Champaign!  I was finally able to go to the internet store (my friend Esteban came with me so he could help me translate and make sure I was getting exactly what I wanted!) but they’re out of the internet cards until next week, grr!  Tonight I’m just trying to get organized with school work and travel plans, my room started to become a pile of papers so I thought I should probably take care of that.  ALSO – my senora says I keep my room very nice and same with my bathroom and I’m a tidy person unlike other people that have stayed with her (SEE MOM I TOLD YOU I COULD BE WORSE!!)

Tuesday was pretty low key once again.  Kelly and I walked to class a little early and went to “la mujer de pan” (or the bread lady).  It’s a woman who bakes all this bread and pastries every morning and has a little stand in one of the plazas where she sells it.  People line up super early in the morning and the line doesn’t die down until she literally runs out of things to sell.  Kelly and I each got a “torta de chocolate”… it looked like a croissant with chocolate inside.  It was really tasty, but I can never eat sweet things that early!  In the afternoon, Kelly, Lauren, Audrey and I got together at school and booked a trip to Prague, Czech Republic.  I cannot wait!  Everyone who studies abroad says this city is one of their favorite.  It was, again, a lot of headache but we’re flying there pretty cheap and the hostels cost practically nothing.  That’s planned for the last weekend in February since we have Monday off of school.  After dinner Kelly and I went out with the program to Hannigans.  Two guys on the program, Zach and Esteban, got an open mic spot so they did a little stand up mixed with singing acoustic.  It was really cool and we all had a good time singing along to American songs that half the people in the bar probably didn’t know…

4 comments:

  1. Are you guys just staying in Dublin? Matt or one of his sisters may be able to give you some tidbits on Ireland. So excited you are going to Prague! We need to skype soon so I can tell you about one of my favorite stands to grab food (if its still there!). Miss you! And going to miss seeing you this weekend in IL. LOVE YOU!!! Keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that would be awesome!! i wanna hear all about Prague too :) i hope this internet situation gets resolved too.. miss you this weekend! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you guys always seem to bring American music to where ever you go! The whole Dublin trip sounds like you will have a good time. I still need to go to U of I for unofficial. Put that on your list for me to do before you graduate

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bob - you are old and lame. Don't go next year - you will embarrass your cousin. And sorry Danielle - obviously, Bob and I like commenting. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment!